First CCC Camp
An article in Albuquerque Progress of September 1940 announced the first Albuquerque CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) camp on the east mesa about a mile east of the Fair Grounds (located at the intersection of Central and Wyoming). It was officially designated SCS-27-N (for Soil Conservation Service Camp #27 in New Mexico). There may have been a temporary (or "fly") camp at Kit Carson Park earlier, but SCS-#27-N was the first camp with constructed barracks.
Thanks to Dirk Van Hart for this information.